For most of my childhood , I lived in an apartment above my grandparents' house, in a courtyard shared with other families. In small towns like where I grew up ( the kind of small town that you see very often in horror movies where in the introductory sequence, the protagonist through the streets by bicycle greeting all and you know that at the end of the film, that place It will at least leveled ) is not uncommon for many homes and opening on the same courtyard, separated from the outside world a door that leads onto the street. This provision raises the almost automatic creation of a circle of acquaintances, neighbors, friends ready to create a true "microcosm independent, separate from the rest of the population. Those who have never lived in these agglomerations of houses all alike and all connected by a single gigantic environment certainly can not understand the level of interconnection that develops between the individual households is very different from that form, for example among simple neighbors in any way, or between tenants in a building.
As a child I really had the feeling that almost all of my world was included in that courtyard and I could see that everything beyond the front door was a continent full of unexplored and unexpected. Besides, everything around me confirmed this theory: my family lived there, my grandparents lived there, some friends lived there ... Of course, I had grandparents who lived in other four miles away, other friends who also lived at the opposite end of the country, I had to get out of there to go to school or runs but, in fact, it seemed that the core of Essential Needs a child could live with peace of mind within the perimeter of this large shared courtyard.
There is always a downside in this sort of situation. While living in what is, in effect, takes on the features of a small "Community" may be nice and comfortable, not to be overlooked a key element ...
... was not my choice.
of people he met several but it is indisputable that A cats (not to be confused with the C NOWLEDGE ; the border tends to shrink as we grow ) are not those with whom they spend a lot of time just because you are forced by proximity. I do not deny that it is possible to meet your best friend on the balcony of the house next to yours when you are in first grade and find yourself next to him in thirty years as a witness at the wedding ... I just say that need not necessarily be so.
It feels a deep sense of "forcing " in the ties forged in places like that where I grew up. It almost seems that it has been decided in advance and without reference to what will be the group of people with whom you will interact for many years. Sometimes you may get lucky and meet neighbors delicious ( I've had), friends with whom to share everything ( I've had) ... but it is undeniable that it can also happen to share a bearing wall of the house with someone you hate (I do not get to claim to have hated neighbors, but there have been disagreements, oh yes!) or find yourself in a group of peers who have no intention to welcome you into their lives. At that point it is no longer healthy to think that the court referred to, reluctantly, just party is the center of your world ... unless you cultivate ambitions masochistic and this is not a very pleasant thought for you!
Your life becomes a constant attempt to stretch beyond the boundaries of where you live, to stretch out her arms to other houses and windows, raise your voice to see if other people share your passions and shout back to suggest to join them.
During my childhood I did not do anything but shake his arms and yelling in hopes that someone transposed the request for help ... captain days when, thirty years old, I can still hear the echo of my voice.
0 comments:
Post a Comment