Sunday, October 24, 2010

Chow Mein Takeaway Calories

Table 3 - panel 2 - Foolish Featured


"You read comics?"


"Yeah .. why?"


"I still read them in thirty years ????"





Yeah, minded friend narrower than a caribou: I read comics has come despite the " enta! What drama, what a display of immaturity and unquestionable deep block at a "Big Step"! I think I have made before your eyes, while you were committed to sound my vices and personal tastes, an expression comparable only to what you will wear Having swallowed a whole lemon ...

been collecting comic books since I was five. I think I have even learned to read through them. Editorial cartoon in the universe are filthy crap as indubitable thickness readings, and if anyone of you went into a bookstore and found on a shelf Shakespeare's Henry V and on the next DJ's autobiography Francis judge trash the entire world literature on the basis of one of the two alternatives?? (Unless they're paying me to someone who would judge the trash because of Shakespeare, of course ...). Why are we still so low? Why spend a Saturday night at the cinema to see Iron Man 2 is socially acceptable and accepted but read the comics right?!




As if all this were not enough I might add that the bold character of this personal invective has sarcastically teased my reading into tight under his arm the last number of a famous sports daily from colored paper. Exactly, because he has an inordinate passion for their football team ... passion that often leads to letting go and celebrations broken during the games played by his favorite team! I had been particularly I could see how fierce, rather than waste time with comic books, may be mature attitude bawling his eyes bulging and his fists to the sky projected for ninety minutes ... or the call a few friends at the end of ' meeting, commenting: "We played a better game," when in fact the only person in our sport since that day has been a leap in the channel with the remote control! Here, a grown man and can afford to put down violent childhood regressions every weekend and I can not give me readings very pleasant and often capable of stimulating as a good novel?


A contemporary author of comics that I appreciate very much, Brian Michael Bendis , recalls how, during a trip by plane, he hesitated before taking out the latest issue of "Ultimate Spider-Man "he wrote to his fear of an incomprehensible and unexpected reaction that would close the prim place of the sight of an adult who toyed with the adventures of Spidey. After a moment of perplexity, however, he began to work comfortably ignoring the stares that filtered over his shoulder. Why, in 2010, you should still feel ashamed and uncomfortable if you had a passion for comics?


So, my dear ex-colleague of casual conversation, the next time you feel compelled to stone me in public places because of issues of "Thor ", " Preacher" and " Y: The Last Man " with which I go from newsstand know that I did not complain of it ... as long as you put yourself to stagger the trips with the special Sound Effects: Tump! KA-BOOM! CRASH !!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment